The Collection



Sunday, September 26, 2004

The search continues

Oh where do I begin?

This past Friday evening, Megan, Erika and I were in the mood for some good ole seafood. So we decided to try this new seafood restaurant in town none of us have ever been to. The small metroplex of Bryan-College Station is known for many things( really it is!), but a diversity of culture and foods is not high on that list (really it isn't!). What started out so well turned bad like a ice cube in the Sahara.

Let's start with something positive. . . the building is very eye catching with it's neon sign.

Enough with the pleasantries. OK so let's talk about our expectations. We were all hoping for a quaint restaurant in the mold of say "Red Lobster." Some assortment of fish, some different pasta dishes, or some grilled dishes would have been nice. What we got instead when we opened the front door was the over powering aroma of fried seafood a la "Long John Silvers," which I do like by the way. But if I wanted fried seafood, I would have gone to LJS.

The service was not brisk. When the food finally did come out (we could have eaten at LJS 3 times by the time we got our food) it wasn't even hot. It was luke warm. I mean I could have sat on a "Hot Pocket" and have it be warmer than what I got. Room temperature, fried seafood is not a combination people should try. Needless to say our dinner was pitiful save for our constant joking of the matter. I've never made so much fun of an eating establishment. And I've been praticing my stand-up routine for the past few years with "McDonalds".

Oh I'm gonna stop. It already ruined one perfectly good evening. No need to take another day to relive the horror of the past. I guess Halloween came early this year. Though my search for a diverse & satisfying eating experience in this town will continue. There are some fine places, don't get me wrong. Just not enough quite yet.



I'm thankful for living close to Houston & Austin where a diverse & good palate in food does exist.

No comments: