The Collection



Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I'm Superman. . . well only in my dreams.

Analyze this! Folks. . . I did something last night I've never done before. I rescued two people! Granted it was only a dream, but I sure don't remember ever rescuing anybody in my dreams much less two. For that matter I usually forget everything about them within minutes of being awake. Peculiar.

So back to the dreams before I really forget them. Let me preface this by saying it all took place in Maine, which I've been only once in my life. Moving on. . . The first man I rescued was elderly and he was walking on the side of this country road. I stopped and asked where he was headed. He looked at me and said he was going to walk until he died. To which I promptly offered a ride and my company. He was surprised and said I was the only person that stopped and made such an offer. So in the car he hopped and the drive continued.

The latter rescue is more . . . shall we say action-packed and weird. We were driving along a lake, me and my new passenger, and then some awkward set of events proceeded to take place. Anyways to make a long description short, there was another man of short stature on a runaway pier. That's right the pier careening out of control at Mach 5 ! Well not really, but it may as well have since nothing makes sense in this part of my dream. The pier this man was on was only the part that stretches out into the water. Still a weird sight! Cutting to the chase, I was able to pull the man off this reckless apparatus right before it crashed into a wall.

As always there is little resolutions in a dream. They have a tendency to come to an abrupt stop. This session was not any different.

I'm not a big fan of interpreting dreams for this
purpose. You could draw any and every inclination you wanted from these events. What the heck am I suppose to make out of the latter episode of the runaway pier. Personally, dreams for me are the brains way of ridding excess mental images from the subconscious. Sort of the garbage disposal of the brain if you may. Taking care of the waste and useless matter after the important stuff have been processed and used. Of course that is not to say there isn't some important piece of information in there occasionally, but just not most of the time.

Sweet dreams.

No comments: