The Academy awards are tonight. And my little sister loves watching it, mainly for the fashion. She likes to see what these normal people, whom we treat like demi-gods and some of them even act like it, will be wearing. They must use a toilet just like us common folks. Well, theirs might be gold plated. There's no accounting for taste.
I guess I'm just a guy, but why would anyone look at dresses and jewelry that the majority of the planet would not be able to afford. It's a form of escapism and that is my best guess. But it's a harmless fascination.
And here are my predictions for this years awards. . . I actually don't have any since I didn't watch any of the movies. Oh wait I did watch "The Incredibles". And so that should win for animated movie. It is more intelligent and original than its competition, "Shrek 2" or "Sharktales". But seriously this will be one of the few times I have not even watched one of the movies nominated for best picture. Must be a slow year for me at the movies. I'll have to work on that.
PS- You ever wonder why they actually went through the trouble of giving the statue a name? Oscar? At the very lest it's not as lethal a weapon as the Emmys (that would be the television equivalent of the Oscars for those who don't watch TV).
No comments:
Post a Comment