In my mad rush to get back to College Station this morning, I forgot my umbilical cord. Not literal mind you, but it sure feels like it. I left behind the extension cord to my laptop in Houston. And so I will be without the service of my computer until Easter. That will be 4 days! Ouch!!! Incidentally that is on top of the 3 days without it while in Nebraska. One whole week!
I don't remember the last time I spent more than 3 days without my computer. This is going to be a major stock to my system. I'm now forced to entertain myself in other ways. No computer at work. This will be my last entry for a few days. And the only reason I'm able to make this blog is because I'm at my part-time office. Gonna be watching DVDs left & right, start working out (or at the very least get more physically active with the cold weather now waning), harassing friends again on the phone.
And so this week without my laptop, I will make my biggest sacrifice of this Lent season. Granted this is not a voluntary action on my part. Come to think of it I have chosen not to make the long trek back down to Houston to get my extension cord. So let's call this a semi-voluntary sacrifice.
No comments:
Post a Comment