Could it be due to the short exursion I took last week? As far as trips go, total relaxation sure wasn't the primary goal. Mental relaxation from the daily grind, yes. Physical relaxation, oh no.

The first of many waterfalls to be seen

Well that's where I'm placing the blame, all on the Batchelders. Between
-babysitting 4 kids for half a day
-cooking a one course meal
-going to a 3+ hour church service
-roaming down a trail in the middle of the night
-battling a rabid raccoon
-hiking over 12 miles in one day
-canoeing with a quack for the first time
-and constantly thinking the driver was lost
Relaxing was not part of the vocabulary. And oh yeah I'm not forgetting how a little quack misinformed me of the driving time to a certain airport that I've never flown into.

In the middle of the night & Early in the morning

No wonder I've been stricken down with the cold. Next thing I know, I'll be making some hot chocolate as I wipe the sweat from my forehead in this Texas heat. All the while wondering if the sweat came from being sick or the humidity. I've more than had enough sleep these past few days, but my body is lethargic as if it barely had any. Though I will admit getting sick in the summer is much easier than the winter.

Path to Old Man's Cave. Now try this in the dark.
And for some reason I'd do it all again without hesitation. If anything I've already signed up for a longer trip come August. That's right it's the annual Batchelder summer vacation. Come to think of it, I've spent my past 3-4 summer trips with them. Who knows why they invite me to tag along. It must be for the minimal babysitting service I provide, but I've always enjoyed my time with the clan. (I must be sicker than I thought)


Rock House
And here I am with a cold in the middle of the summer. Oh well I better gear up for DC.

Happy Father's Day
1 comment:
Doc,
The photos of Hocking Hills look great! Now if you could just get my good side in the photos of me we would be set.......maybe I don't have a good side........better just scrap all future attempts of photographing me, focus on my 3 girls, you'll have much better luck there.
Post a Comment