The Collection



Friday, September 09, 2005

Can you tell me how to get . . .


here we are! Posted by Picasa

As soon as our trip to DC began, so too did it end. It was a jam packed trip. Well except for that one day Adam quarantined us in the Motel 6. But as fun as it was, DC for the most part is more of an adult destination. Kids younger than 10 have a hard time getting excited about seeing buildings & statues. Lincoln "the Great Emancipator" would lose out to Dora the Explorer any day in Molly & Neleha's eyes.


not quite a hot air ballon Posted by Picasa


taking a bite out of Adam Posted by Picasa

And so if our trip to DC was meant as new exposure for me and a walk down memory lane for Adam & Kristy, than the sidetrip to Sesame Place was for the kiddies. Pure and simple. Located just north of Philadelphia, Sesame Place is an amusement park based on the show Sesame Street.


duck over board! Posted by Picasa


lost again! Posted by Picasa

It sure isn't a place for a single guy like myself, unless of course I was looking to score points with single moms. Ummmm. . . yeah that would be a no. We spent a half day there, and it wasn't so bad as a short excursion. Anything more than a day would have been torture for me. But to be honest, seeing the smiles & joy on the faces of Molly and Neleha was enough for me to make the day worthwhile. Nothing is so pure as those smiles.


Neleha loves tunnels Posted by Picasa



With that satisfaction I spent most of the afternoon chaperoning the stroller and taking pictures of the family. It wasn't an easy task either. Sesame Place was packed, and it seemed like everyone had a stroller. You could tell a person's social status by looking at their strollers. They came in all sorts of shapes & styles. And the people who were pushing them also came in all shapes as well. Let's just say parents are not the most in shape people I've seen. I almost thought, "Why do I make fun of Adam and his waistline again?" Almost! He's younger than me.

I felt like I was shopping at Walmart! If you didn't have a kid, or two, or 15 then you had no reason to be in this place. Guilty as charged. And I'm not pleading the 5th amendment on this one either.


taking off his shorts has never been a problem. It's putting them on. So I've been told.Posted by Picasa

No comments: