The Collection



Friday, October 07, 2005

Weddings galore

October! October!

It's that time of year again, a time for weddings. At least it just seems like it with my friends anyways. Who woulda thought this month would be such a popular month for weddings. It was always my understanding that the summer months were the most popular. I was in Chicago last year and Niagra Falls the year before that for weddings. Both of which were during this beautiful month of fall.

This year takes the cake. I recieved 3 wedding invites for October. One is to be in Toledo, Ohio. Another is closer by in Houston. And the third is a destination wedding in Hawaii. If I were a rich man with plenty of time on my hand I could conceiveable map out a strategy to attend all three. Seeing that I am not, I narrowed it down to one that I would attend. And so Maui it is. It's quite the sacrifice, I know.

And then I have another one to attend come December! Thank goodness that one is in Houston. I average about 1-2 weddings invite a year. As happy as I am for my friends, weddings aren't the most fun events to attend. Well that's not true. There are much worse things. I guess the part of me that hates dressing up in formal wear is speaking out.



Aloha Posted by Picasa

Speaking of which, the attire for the wedding in Maui is formal! Not a quasi-beach wear, but suit & tie. Yuck! I'm not to fond of that fact, but then again it's not my wedding. Packing a suit to go to Hawaii though is soemthing I never imagined of doing. It's a small price to pay to take a jaunt to our 50th state. This should be quite a unique experience with an outdoor service just a few feet away from the beach & ocean. Weddings for me are a good excuse to visit with my friends and travel. And this is going to be hard to top.

October here I am.

No comments: