The Collection



Monday, December 26, 2005

Frozen Beauty

Occasionally there is such a thing as wintertime down in these parts. And when it does occur, pandemonium usually follows close behind. I quite enjoy winter here. It's typically not extreme, and when it does occur it sure does not last very long. I have always been fond of the winters and conversely despised the summers. Yes even when I was in Chicago. But I agree, snow is only a temporary fascination. Reality sets in pretty quickly.

Over a month ago an unusual system brought freezing precipitation, but not the delicate & fluffy kind. Again as people freaked out, I had the opportunity to brave the elements with a slow day and enjoy the brief winter wonderland. I sure got more than a few whimsical looks from passer bys seeing me with my camera. Oh well. I would not have ended up with these pictures if I paid attention to those people.







No comments: