The Collection



Monday, March 06, 2006

Overdue

You ever get that feeling you forgot to do something? Well I get that feeling quite often. But on this past muggy Sunday afternoon I knew it was something big. And then it hit me. I forgot to pay my rent. It's the first time I have ever forgotten to pay the rent. I cannot remember another time where I didn't.

Which brings me to a point of contention. In this day and age you would think my apartment complex would get with the program. What pray tell could I be babbling about? The fact I don't have the option of either having my rent charged to my credit card. Or if they are worried about that, the option of the complex automatically withdrawing the said amount directly from my account.

But no. This would be too difficult and would cost them a bit of money in the transaction. And on top of this how would they get late fees with this system. There wouldn't be any. Quite the potential double whammy. And so these options which could make the customer's life easier goes by the wayside. I ended up ponying up a $50 late fee, on top of the $5 per day charge. Oy vey! It would be one thing if I didn't have the money. It's a little more frustrating when you just plain forget.

Hopefully in the not so distant future I can set my sights on actually purchasing a house. Hmmmm. . . That's such a grown up thing to do.

No comments: