Back in the day when I was still working for a certain doctor, it became evident how an office can become an unpleasant place to work. And I wrote something to remind myself of certain pitfalls that are created by conscious choices. I have had the pleasure of running my own office for 2 full years now, and I hope I have personally implemented most of those thoughts.
"A happy worker is a better worker. Do not forget the psychology of the person and their motivation. It can prove more powerful than the critique of actions, and even stronger than the lay out of mistakes and faults. We can always brush such motivation as unnecessary and beneath an employer, indeed even gratuitous for simple duties that employees must perform. And then watch the continued ruin of the path that we choose, for our lack of compromise.
We must trust and respect those with whom we employ and in return they are more apt to show their loyalty. A certain amount must be given at first, but loyalty like respect are matters that must be earned in full and continually renewed. Let our past history of others shed light on these facts."
1 comment:
Great wisdom Doc, great wisdom indeed.
Post a Comment