
This past Labor Day weekend, my friends from Missouri decided to pay me a visit. To be honest it was more like Shamu & friends they wanted to visit. But hey I'll play second fiddle to those orcas anyday to spend a couple of days with my friends. Ok well it wasn't just Sea World that we ended up visiting, but since I'm lacking photos of the other places you'll have to take my words for it.

As usual it was a hot & humid day in San Antonio. Not a day I typically spend outdoors mind you. But this is Texas in the middle of summer what else do I expect. But this day at Sea World would be as good as we could wish for. Well maybe a few more clouds would have been great!
This was the 3rd time I have been to this particular Sea World. The first time was the year it opened, and I was in high school. Yes that was a while ago. Back then I was a teenager who didn't particularly enjoy spending my weekends with my family, and so that was not a shining moment in my recollections.
The next go around would not come until just a couple of summers ago with the Batchelders. Things really didn't change that much in all those years for the park. It still has dolphins, killer whales, penguins, heat, humidity, and outrageous vendor prices. Ah commercialism at its best. But my perspective had changed quite considerable since those teen years. I could now appreciate the beauty of the experience through the collective joy of a family, both young and older.

This time around was not much different from the last even though it had been a couple of years. The biggest change was in Molly & Neleha. In just a couple of years, I could see the fun they were having now was more in depth than before. Needless to say I had a wonderful time with my friends despite the humidity & heat. I'm not sure if the weather was actually better than I thought it would be or whether I was able to ignore my qualms by just being with my friends. Either way it was good fun for all. Here's to next time.

1 comment:
Great photos, as always, and the commentary was most eloquent. Sounds like you enjoyed our visit as much as we did. Trust me however, even if Sea World closed up shop, we would still be just as excited to come to Texas to see our closest friend.
Post a Comment