The Collection



Tuesday, October 19, 2004

It's a bird. . . No it's really a plane!

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend an airshow in Houston at Ellington field. I haven' been to this airshow since I was a little kid, probably 7 or 8 years old. It was quite a show with all the different planes ranging from the powerful and modern F-18 to the old WWII fighters. The end of the show featured the flying spectacle known as the Thunderbirds. The aerial display of precision flying was awe inspiring. As these pilots pull off these maneuvers at break neck speed, I felt like a little kid again. A kid dreaming of one day being in the cockpit of a plane navigating through the sky.


Posted by Hello


Posted by Hello


Posted by Hello


Posted by Hello



Posted by Hello


People's fascination with transversing the sky is still strong as evident by the strong attendance at the airshow. My friends and I got there early and still found ourselves several feet away from the front row. And needless to say it quickly filled in after us as well. We were swallowed whole by the crowd.

And to this day there are few sights as amazing to me as flying into a major metropolis be it Chicago or Houston at nighttime. To be thousands of feet up and looking down at the man-made spectacle of lights gives a sense of perspective on human accomplishment. And to think the birds have this to themselves on a regular basis.



I'm thankful I live in a country where dedicated men and women have and still are fighting to protect my rights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos my young padwon......