Trust.
It's one of those commodities that's hard to tie down. Everybody wants to have it with other people. Sometimes we give it away freely & blindly. Other times we give it away in measured doses until it fills up that cup. But once it has been tread upon its hard to ever fully recover.
It is one of the major forces that will determine the strength of a relationship. From a marriage to a friendship to a working relationship. When you fully have it, it makes your interaction much more fluid and requires much less energy to maintain caution. Trust like most other powerful forces that can govern our lives (love, faith, hope, gravity, electromagnetic field) is invisible & intangible.
I had gone through my early years, i.e. childhood, being a trusting person. And then somewhere along the way through this journey we call life I started doubting people's intentions at the onset. It was never one turning point of that I'm sure, but it became pervasive in my attitude.
I'm much better about it today, in not doubting a person's intention and nature. I am more apt to give a person a blank slate or closer to it than before. At least i think so. And of course you can't give a stranger your full trust at the beginning. That's playing with fire.
1 comment:
Wisdom........that is what I am talking about, good stuff Doc
Post a Comment